140 stairs. 6 AM



it’s 6 AM
and i have 100 stairs left to walk.

here I am.
fuck.
i inhale deeply one more time, 
before I turn the key to the right,
slowly,
to not wake mom.

but mom is already getting ready for work.
as I am giving her my most tired hug,
I wonder if she can smell how many cigarettes I had after we closed the bar.
Saturday nights give me back pains, lazy feet and sometimes hangovers,
but I still don't want to go home earlier than 7 AM,
just to feel that I have lived a bit between work and sleep.

mom doesn't notice
or she refuses to see that i had a few beers.

she sometimes tells me that my hair smells like the bar.
and we’re sharing the little bed.

we are sharing everything since i moved in her little house.
I now know how much it takes her to get ready for work,
to take a shower
or how does her free time really look like.

for 15 years I had no idea.

it's overwhelming,
I have to admit.
but it's the best I can ask for,
as an alternative to being alone

in this city in which I don't belong.

Comments